Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Green Smoothies for Dinner?


Music: Uta Weyand, Enrique Granados

Recently, I've decided to change the time of day I drink my green smoothie. For awhile now (probably almost a year), I have not liked feeling so full in the evening from eating a regular evening meal. Since I exercise in the evening as well as in the morning, this is part of the reason. I just much prefer my largest meals of the day to be breakfast and lunch. Also, the last thing I feel like doing after work is cooking or preparing a meal. And it also saves me time in the mornings since I don't have to prepare a green smoothie to take to work in my thermos in addition to my lunch.

What better solution than to have my one quart--yes, that's right, 4 cups--of green smoothie as my evening meal? All I have to do is blend and I'm still getting my greens as well as eating raw. Plus, Jim hadn't been drinking green smoothies due to lack of time, so this solution helps him as well.

So far, we've been doing it for three weeks now and it has been working out great. We have our smoothies between 6:30 and 7pm, with plenty of time to digest before we exercise at 8:30pm.

This might be a great solution for you, if you have been thinking about incorporating green smoothies into your diet. Just make it a meal replacement instead.


Power to the Greens mix (from Trader Joe's), avocado, pineapple juice,
water, banana, frozen mango, maca powder, bee pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment