Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Picture(s) of the Day: Carnegie Trees

Space-themed tree w/stars & rockets




On my afternoon break last Friday, I popped into the Carnegie Museum of Art next door and took a look at the Carnegie Trees. While very pretty, it isn't what I'm used to. Last year, when I attended for the first time, I was expecting rooms full of holiday trees, all shapes, sizes, and colors. There are just seven in this exhibit, all large and majestic in size, but the theme changes every year; this year's theme is the Worlds' Fairs, in honor of the current major exhibit in the museum. It's magical, but I could wish for more!

Hats of the Worlds' Fairs tree

Gilded Age artist Walter Gay-themed tree



Hall of Architecture.


No comments:

Post a Comment