Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pittsburgh Picture of the Day


This is Mellon Institute, part of both Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh in the neighborhood known in Pittsburgh as Oakland. It might be famous for other reasons but, for me, since moving to Pittsburgh in 2010, it's the site for the latest Batman movie. It also filmed downtown (about 4 miles away) and Jim was able to watch filming on his breaks. Mellon Institute served as Gotham's City Hall in the film.* On this lovely almost-fall day, however, it was the site for what I like to call "parades," aka ridiculously large, garish, and showy bridal parties. I guess it's a popular photo spot for weddings much like Grandview Avenue is with its panoramic views of downtown from Mount Washington. 

*I have not seen the movie; I'm just taking information from this news article.

No comments:

Post a Comment