Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sleek

Music: Happy Birthday to Bach!


I don't eat out often--I much prefer my own home-cooked food--but, when I do, it's almost always Middle-Eastern. There's something about the combination of flavors with legumes, grains, chopped fresh vegetables, and onions that are out of this world.


Pittsburgh has several Middle-Eastern restaurants including Aladdin's Eatery in Squirrel Hill and Kassab's in South Side.


One restaurant I frequent with co-workers is Ali-Baba in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, very close to the Main library. One of our favorite dishes is sleek, a savory dish made with black-eyed peas, bulgur, onions, scallions, and Swiss chard. I just had to find a recipe to recreate this delicious-ness at home.


You'll find the recipe here. I also enjoy sleek leftovers at room temperature. I'll bet it's even good in a wrap!










.

No comments:

Post a Comment