Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Salad of the Week


Music: Into the Seventies, AM580
















The work week is beginning once again (after a lovely weeklong vacation) so that means a salad to pack with my sandwich for lunches. This is an adaptation of Dreena Burton's Quinoa Spring Salad, except instead of cucumbers, I used radishes, instead of green onions, I used sweet onions, and instead of red pepper, I used green pepper. Also, instead of the vinaigrette recipe, I just mixed a combination of olive oil and lemon juice, sea salt, & freshly ground pepper.

And Jim has begun a weekly pizza night on the weekends, so we enjoyed this tonight, along with more mushrooms and fresh asparagus from the Firehouse Farmer's Market in the Strip District.




No comments:

Post a Comment