Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sandwich Spread of the Week
















What do I put in my sandwiches if I don't eat meat or dairy? Delicious, fresh spreads made with chickpeas or other beans. Check out my sandwich spread for this week:


Adapted from Goddess Garbanzos (from Dreena Burton's Eat Drink & Be Vegan)

1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed

5 tbsp Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing

2 tbsp Vegenaise

3 tsp fresh lemon juice

2 tsp tahini

1/4 tsp sea salt

1/2 C celery, minced

4 tbsp granny smith apples, minced


In a food processor, pulse all ingredients EXCEPT celery & apples until blended but still chunky. Stir in celery & apples. Serve on fresh bread or crackers with greens and veggies of your choice (I like onions, avocados, radishes, or cucumbers).


No comments:

Post a Comment