Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Risotto, Anyone?

Music: The Decemberists, The Hazards of Love













While I love it, I've usually avoided making risotto for two obvious reasons: it is a real pain to stand at the stove constantly stirring and it is often made with gooey, drippy, disgusting, hard-to-clean, fattening, cheese. I was very excited when I found this recipe and, even more, there's only 4 ingredients.

With Nava Atlas' Vegan Express, there's no more excuses to avoid trying vegan. Her recipes are outstanding, use whole, fresh, and delicious foods, and can be made in under 30 minutes. I especially love that she includes menu suggestions for other recipes that complement the dishes. She also has a web site and I also follow her on Facebook, where she posts new recipes. Here's a link to this fabulous baked risotto recipe--so easy you will scream. It makes a lot, so I probably will halve it the next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment