Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, July 30, 2010

Leftover Tofu Sandwich

Music: Diana Ross with, occasionally, the Supremes

Today's smoothie: No smoothie today as my blender has broken. Must buy a new one very, very soon! We miss our smoothies!

For lunch yesterday, I made a sandwich I've mentioned making but never described before in this blog. When I make fried tofu sandwiches, sometimes I'll make more tofu slices than I need so that I can use them later either at room temperature as slices in a sandwich or in this yummy spread!
















This leftover tofu I used (3 slices) makes enough filling for a whole wheat pita. Alternatively, you could just serve it over your favorite greens.

1 stalk celery, diced fine
1 scallion, diced fine
1/2 large carrot, diced fine
Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
A few sprigs fresh parley, chopped
Enough Vegenaise to make it as creamy as you want

In a medium bowl, mash up the tofu with a fork. Mix in rest of the ingredients. Stuff into a pita with your favorite fixings. I used slices of avocado and lettuce leaves. Sooo good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment