Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Edamame and Artichoke Salad

Music: Broken Bells, Broken Bells

Today's smoothie: fresh peaches, parsley, banana, fresh strawberries

I love doing this. Making recipes I've enjoyed in restaurants or from the prepared food section of the grocery store. I tried this wonderful salad from Whole Foods and it was so good I just had to recreate it at home.
















It's got an entire bag (but you could use two so you have leftovers) of frozen edamame beans (cook according to package directions), marinated artichokes drained & chopped (I used an entire 12 ounce jar of Cento brand), finely diced onions (or you could also use leeks or scallions), olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice, sea salt and ground pepper. That's it. How easy can that be? Of course, if that's too hard for you, you could always pay $9.99 for a pound of it at Whole Foods. Much cheaper to make your own, though. Just saying.

It's delicious as is or I sometimes even add a leftover cooked grain like quinoa, couscous, or brown rice for more bulk. Sauteed tofu or tempeh in strips on top would also be yummy.

1 comment: