Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eating Well While in Transition

Music: Death Cab for Cutie shuffled on my iPod

Today's smoothie: baby spinach, frozen cranberries, banana

I'm between houses right now while we wait to move to Pittsburgh. So when I shop now, I do so with specific things to make in mind so that I use things up and there are few leftovers.

The two cookbooks I have with me are Shortcut Vegan and Vegan Express. Both of these cookbooks offer delicious recipes that are quick and easy to make (less than 30 minutes from start to table). Here are some samplings:

Father's Day feast: vegan paella with roasted asparagus and Chickpea, Olive, & Carrot Salad















Steamed rapini with farfalle pasta and Jim's sauce & homemade bread. Rapini is my new favorite green vegetable. It's so full of flavor!















Fried tofu sandwich on a toasted sesame seed bun with Vegenaise, onion & lettuce, bulgur tabbouleh, & roasted asparagus














Mom's refried beans on corn tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, & homemade salsa (aka tostadas)



No comments:

Post a Comment