Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chocolate Ice Cream


Today's smoothie: 2 spirulina tablets, Looza peach nectar, water, rice milk, frozen fruit blend

I'm in the middle of a temporary move (thus the sparse posts lately) before I call Pittsburgh, PA my new home later this summer. Jim's job is taking him to greener pastures so off we go.

But there's still time for ice cream, especially with the unusual warmer weather we've had lately! He made chocolate just for me.

Too bad this is the last of it until we get to Pittsburgh, as the ice cream maker must be packed up and put into storage.















The mixture for this recipe is:
2 C sweetened Mimicreme
1/2 C Cocoa powder
1/2 C Agave nectar

Blend all ingredients in a blender, pour into the ice cream maker and follow the instructions according to the manufacturer. Enjoy perfect bliss. Top with anything you desire, such as more cocoa powder, walnuts, hemp seed nuts, chocolate chips, etc.!

Dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free bliss!

**Steve Miller brings back memories of laying out by the pool with my best friend, Noelle, by the pool at her mom's apartment, slathered in Coppertone. I just found out that the Steve Miller band with special guest, Peter Frampton, will be playing on July 2 at DTE Energy Theater for Dougfest (FM93.1). I might have to try to go to this!

2 comments: