Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Big Salads Are Back

Today's smoothie: Looza peach nectar, radish greens, banana, fresh strawberries

















Summer is here!! That means the Farmers' Market in Royal Oak (my last summer here before we head to Pittsburgh) for fresh greens, radishes, and (right now) strawberries. I take wonderful grains (such as quinoa, brown rice, bulgur, and barley), protein (beans, tofu, tempeh, or even quick products like vegan chik patties), and mix it all up impromptu style for what I like to call the Big Salad. My dressing of choice is usually just fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice, sea salt, and pepper, but sometimes I'll also mix up some Vegenaise, lemon or lime juice, sea salt, pepper, & dill.

I add quick stuff to it as well, like Spanish olives, avocado, and fresh herbs like parsley. The result is a super easy and quick meal that tastes so good and makes me feel great.

I even had some leftover roasted asparagus that I will chop up and add to a salad this week. I've also made batches of my easy lemonade to sip on while I read on the porch.

If only every day could be like summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This is really looking Yummy!!
    I will definitely try this because i have always using simple fruit and veritable salad, i have never try before this kind of salad.
    Thank you.

    yoga pants

    ReplyDelete