Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Monday, May 24, 2010

Quick Tempeh & Tofu

Music: AM580

Today's smoothie: parsley, Looza apricot nectar, frozen peaches, banana

To add more substance to a meal, or a salad, I often prepare some firm or extra firm tofu, season it with some all-purpose spice, and cook it in a little Braggs and toasted sesame oil.
Here it's served with some roasted carrots, onions, and beets, coconut lime rice, and homemade bread.

















After cutting up and steaming tempeh (in a strainer basket over boiling water for 20-25 minutes), I sauteed it in a little flax oil and lots of barbecue sauce (I like Roadhouse brand original since I recognize every single ingredient and there's no high fructose corn syrup or artificial anything). I served it with a salad but Jim rolled both his tempeh & salad up in a tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment