Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eating Vegan=Eating Well

Music: Baroque music shuffled on my iPod

Today's smoothie: collard greens, bit o'avocado, frozen blackberries, fresh pineapple (bananas weren't ripe enough so I left it out)

I thought I'd just give a quick sampling of some of the wonderful food I've been eating lately.

This is a soft wheat berry and navy bean salad with fresh parsley, celery, onion, lemon juice, flax oil, agave nectar, sea salt, & dijon mustard.














This is a winter kale salad (originally from the blog Diana Stobo's Eating for Health, Vibrance, & Beauty, shared via the blog In the Raw)with cranberries (both fresh & dried in the salad as well as the dressing), onions, poppy seeds, sea salt, olive oil, agave nectar. We topped it with some sauteed firm tofu and fresh sprouts, courtesy of Jim's indoor garden.














This is a vegetable Masala "burger" patty from Trader Joe's on a whole wheat bun, with a side of roasted potatoes, carrots, & onions.












That's some potato soup that Jim made (we froze half of it to enjoy later) served with some toasted Motown Multigrain bread from Avalon Bakery that we bought at Sprout House in Grosse Pointe Park, and some leftover winter kale salad.














And this is a quick meal Jim whipped up with some Trader Joe's soy chorizo and a couscous bean salad I made earlier in the day. We enjoyed it with Garden Fresh Salsa Co.'s chips and salsa. Ole!














I should mention that all of these soups and salads were made in the mornings to be enjoyed later or by Jim on the weekend. I usually work afternoons and evenings so I am able to do this but you can do it on the weekend or in the evening after dinner. And I always, always make enough to enjoy for at least 3 days.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post about using the Garden Fresh Salsa with the Soy Chorizo. I use Garden Fresh Salsa in a ton of my cooking. I use it to make a spicy simmered Tofu, I substitute it for water and in my rice to make Southwestern Spicy rice, etc. Tons of uses, but it always makes my meals unique.

    ReplyDelete