Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vietnamese Salad

Music: sampling various artists on iTunes based on a recent issue of Rolling Stone.

Today's smoothie: dandelion greens, frozen raspberries, banana, bit o'avocado

I'm on the email list for actress Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, GOOP. I especially enjoy her "newsletters" called MAKE, since they usually include amazing food recipes, many of them vegan or easily "veganized." This is one of them. It's a tad bit time consuming with all the chopping but the taste was so good it was worth it. It's got bok choy, watercress, peanuts, carrots, cucumber, basil, mint, cilantro, & Napa cabbage and the dressing is garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, agave nectar, fresh lime juice, ginger, and shallots. The dressing recipe called for fish sauce but I don't use that so I just left it out. I topped it with some sauteed firm tofu. I cannot wait for summer when I can use the fresh herbs from my garden; I think my fresh lemon balm would taste great in this salad!

Isn't it beautiful?
















You can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine anything else I'd rather be eating right now besides this! I'll have to make it sometime very soon. Yummy!!!
    Thanks Maria;)!

    ReplyDelete