Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, January 8, 2010

Still Smoothie-ing

Music: The Monkees**

Today's smoothie: curly kale, banana, 1/2 cup fresh/frozen cranberries, 3 of the teeniest Josie Clementines I've ever seen, bit o'avocado





















Well, it has become a habit. Since November, when I returned home from my retreat. I make a one quart (that's 4 cups) smoothie every day and drink it between breakfast and lunch. They taste so good and my cheapo blender is still holding up. We didn't get the Vita-Mix blender for Christmas; we're holding off a bit longer since it's so expensive.

My smoothie does not replace a meal and I don't know that it ever will. I just love getting all those greens mixed in with the sweetness of the fruit. Jim has even put figs in his. Some of my favorite fruits for smoothies include pineapple, blackberries, peaches, citrus of any kind (can't wait to try lemons and limes, too, especially in the summertime), and raspberries. Oh, and I can't wait to also try all the wonderful herbs in my garden, too! Sigh. Summer, how I miss you!


**Yes, I love the Monkees! So there!

1 comment:

  1. We got a Vitamix for Christmas and it is amazing! Your smoothie recipes have been most inspiring and helpful.

    ReplyDelete