Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Titles Are Hard

Music: Fuel, Angels and Devils & Something Like Human on shuffle

Today's smoothie: parsley, banana, bit o'avocado, 2 Clementines, frozen strawberries















As you can see, I couldn't think of a clever title for today's post.

Last Friday night, I went to my nephew's big varsity basketball game (Waterford Kettering against rival Waterford Mott High School). I have to admit I was reluctant to go because I'm not a sports fan at all but I wanted to hang out with Jim, see my wonderful sister and brother-in-law, their kids, & my mother-in-law. Also, I was curious to see the recreation center at Oakland University, where the game was to be played & also from where I graduated in 1990. It turned out to be a really fun evening and I'm so glad I went.

That said, one of the enticements to encouraging me to go was Jim making me dinner since he gets home long before I do. He cooked some arborio rice, topped it with his delicious tomato sauce with Field Roast grain "sausage," and I made a quick side salad of mixed greens, raw onions, chick peas, avocado, lime juice, sea salt & pepper. I also had a slice of toasted rye bread (with tons of seeds) with Earth Balance Buttery Spread.

By the way, it was a great game and Kettering won, 66-64!

No comments:

Post a Comment