Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, December 25, 2009

Visions of Sugar Plums

Music: The Carpenters, Christmas Portrait

Today's smoothie: baby spinach, 1/2 a banana, bit o'avocado, frozen mixed fruit (grapes, strawberries, pineapple, cherries), 2 tiny clementines.
















Raw Holiday Sugar Plums


I have to admit that the name of this recipe first caught my attention as I immediately thought of the Sugar Plum Fairy from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker ballet. It just sounds magical, and they look magical, too.

I discovered this fun recipe from a raw vegan blog I follow, called In the Raw. The blog is filled with pretty pictures and lots of information on the raw lifestyle. Her photo of the Sugar Plums is better than mine but I still think they look good.

Obviously, as the blog title suggests, the Sugar Plums are completely raw and the only tool you need is a food processor. I halved her recipe but it still made 24 balls, enough to enjoy & share. Full of fiber, these taste as good as they look. Oh, and they're easy to make, too! Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I always wondered what the heck a sugar plum was, and now I know!
    Thanks for posting.
    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you tried the Sugar Plums, Maria! Easiest recipe and oh so good.

    I hope you had a beautiful joyous holiday.

    xo!
    EM

    ReplyDelete