Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, September 11, 2009

More Tomatoes!


Aren't these just the cutest, tiniest, & beautiful cherry tomatoes? I picked them this morning. They're planted right outside my kitchen door for easy access. Many thanks to Jim for planting them for me! These will be enjoyed in a delicious salad today.

I will be taking some tomatoes for my co-workers to enjoy today as I now officially have too many. Jim was going to do something with them but he's busy right now so I will be nice and share.


This week I sauteed (very simply in barely any olive oil & onions & garlic) both seitan as well as some Tofurky Italian-style soy "sausage." I use the leftovers either cold in salads or warmed in a corn tortilla with veggies & salsa.

Here I served it with Coconut-Lemon Basmati Rice and steamed kale with a raw side salad.














These products are already cooked so you're just reheating them & flavoring them to serve as you wish. See? Being vegan IS easy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, tomatoes!

    Just as an aside, you take some really amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete