Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In Which We Seem to Be Eating All Of Our Tomatoes!

Music: Blue October, Approaching Normal

So far, we've been eating all of what we've been picking, and we've picked a lot. I made my good friend James a batch of my gazpacho when I visited him last Saturday and Jim made my parents some of his delicious bruschetta on Sunday but, other than that, we've been making and enjoying some wonderful tomatoes all by ourselves.

Besides making gazpacho, Jim whipped up this quick cold sauce for pasta last Saturday. Served over either warm or room temperature pasta, it uses fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, & olive oil.


In a food processor, gently pulse together the tomatoes, fresh basil, & minced garlic. He didn’t really measure; probably used about 6 tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, & 1/4 C basil. The recipe I think called for 2 tbsp of olive oil, but he ended up using only 1/2 tbsp. Just eyeball it. You don’t want it too dry or too wet with oil, just enough moisture to mix into a nice chunky sauce for the pasta.


Cook any kind of pasta; we used fusilli. Delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment