Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shopping in My Back Yard

Music: Claude Debussy

Well, Jim's hard work is really paying off in some wonderful fresh vegetables! We are picking green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapenos, zucchini, & green peppers daily and even his potatoes are coming in. They're so little and cute. I prefer vegetables smaller; they are much more flavorful to me that those gigantic grocery store vegetables.


I made a potato salad with them the other day. Along with a quick cucumber & radish salad with fresh lemon juice, Vegenaise, sea salt & ground pepper dressing. I served both over lettuce leaves.















The Inn Season has a house salad called the Inn Season Salad and it consists of all raw vegetables, including the cutest little sprouts. So I asked Jim to grow me some sprouts for my salads and, with a package from Nutri Foods, this is what we're picking in a pot outside the kitchen door.

1 comment: