Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Breakfast

Music: Ben Lee, Awake is the New Sleep

One of the best parts of summer, in my opinion, is enjoying breakfast on my front porch. Nobody is outside, just me, the birds, and the sound of my fountain. I read a zine called List written by Ramsey Beyer and she likes to call it Porch Breakfast, which sounds just right. Food just seems to taste better when you eat it outside.

This is my usual morning muesli, which I have changed from my original recipe measurements. Instead of 1/2 C boiling water to 1/2 C rolled oats, I use 2/3 C boiling water to 1/2 C oats. The oats absorb a lot but this way it’s neither too thick or thin. I do this the night before & in the morning it's ready for me. I add ground flaxseed meal, almonds, 1 tsp turbinado sugar, & whatever fruit I have on hand. My favorite: blueberries!

I also love my coffee iced in the summertime. It’s strong, but it’s good. This is 2 shots of espresso, 2 tsp sugar, & ice cold soy milk served over ice.














No comments:

Post a Comment