Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, July 24, 2009

Big Fresh Salads

Music: Blue October, Approaching Normal

Because the garden is producing very quickly now, I've just been making lots of impromptu salads with all kinds of fresh vegetables. This is leftover chickpea smash in a sandwich with a salad of roasted green beans and zucchini, cherry tomatoes (okay, only three cherry tomatoes but more is coming!), lettuce, jalapeno peppers, and onions. The only thing missing is cucumbers but those aren't ready yet. Oh, and beets.

In the summer, I find I'm not as hungry, so this satisfies just fine. Oh, and Jim made some more chocolate ice cream with the MimicCreme, which I told him he definitely must make for my dad's 70th birthday bbq in a few weeks. The meat eaters won't believe the taste! At least I hope so.

Speaking of that, I need to plan what salads to bring. I'm thinking of two salads with the recipes doubled since there will be about a dozen of us, plus garden burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment