Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tofu Salad

Music: Henry & June soundtrack

Yesterday after working at the library all day, I decided to make something simple for dinner.  So I took 2 slices of firm tofu and cut them into strips, patted them dry in a dish towel, & in a skillet with 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil & 2 tsp Bragg's, I sauteed them with a little sprinkling of all-purpose spice (this is the same recipe as when I make a tofu sandwich). I then chopped up some fresh lettuce leaves from the garden and spooned the leftover bean salad with some fresh chopped avocado, pepperoncini, & Spanish olives, & served the tofu over all of that. Yum!

And for dessert, I enjoyed a Tofutti Cutie.
These are absolutely delicious. I've always loved ice cream sandwiches but always thought they were a little big. These are just the right size and only 130 calories without the dairy. If you've never tried them before, I highly recommend them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment