Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Monday, June 1, 2009

So What Have You Eaten Lately?

Music: George Harrison

These are some of the first lettuces from our garden. Well, Jim planted them but I eat them. Jim bought some seedlings in April from some organic farmers at the Farmers' Market, & here are the results! Yum. Our own lettuce from seeds won't be ready for a few more weeks.

I wanted a light dinner, so I just made some jasmine rice and roasted some asparagus in the toaster oven.

This is a wonderful salad I made this morning; I just cooked some couscous, then added adzuki beans (that I had cooked & frozen a few weeks ago, then thawed in the fridge last night), corn, Spanish olives, diced onion, chopped carrots & celery (shredded in my food processor), chopped roasted red & yellow peppers, with a dressing of an entire lime, 1/2 tbsp flax oil, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, dash of Tabasco sauce, dash of cayenne, 1 tsp cumin, & ground pepper to taste. This will last for a few days of delightfulness.

Roasted beets & beet greens (you know, the green parts of the beets that most people think you should throw out) with a Boca Chik patty with onions, lettuce, & Vegenaise on a whole wheat bun from Trader Joe's.

And this is some leftover roasted potatoes, Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo, & steamed spinach from the Farmers' Market.


2 comments: