Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Abundant Garden Salads are Here!

Music: REO Speedwagon

Jim made us these salads to enjoy with our hummus sandwiches at lunch yesterday. Lettuce, cilantro, parsley, & sprouts (love sprouts! they're so cute!) from the garden--from a bag mix he bought at Nutri Foods--, strawberries from the farm stand on the way home from Manistee, & onions from the Farmers' Market, with a dressing of Veganaise, pomegranate syrup (from Steve's Backroom), olive oil, white wine vinegar, & a dash of ground ginger & onion powder.
I can't wait until the green peppers, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, beets, & cucumbers can be added to these impromptu salads! It's so exciting.


It's funny, but when summer arrives I always feel this need to rush out and embrace it and enjoy it before--poof!--it's over. I can't believe the 4th of July is only a few short weeks away already. It's true: time goes much faster when you're an adult. But I still feel like a kid, especially in the summer.

I still sit out on my lounge chair in the backyard, on my beach towel under my big red umbrella, listening to my iPod (Styx, Todd Rundgren, and REO Speedwagon!), reading my book. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment