Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Second Breakfast

Music: WRCJ 90.9 FM


I first heard the term “Second Breakfast” from Jim, who is a huge Lord of the Rings fan. He says that the Hobbits often imbibed of this tradition. Who knew? I have just always done this but never had a name for it. But I like that name. 


I sometimes have second breakfast on the weekends if I get up early, do some errands and it’s too early for lunch but I’m starting to feel a little hungry. If we have a party or barbeque in the afternoon, we definitely have second breakfast because otherwise I’d be too hungry waiting around to eat!


I usually have some espresso, a piece of toast or toasted English muffin with jam & butter, and fresh fruit.  Come to think of it, in the summer, after visiting the Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings (and buying all those beautiful, super fresh fruits & berries), we almost always have second breakfast. Oh, and I eat it out on the porch so that I can see the beautiful flowers and shrubs in the garden. 


Everyone should carve out a space outside to eat, be it a patio, balcony, deck, or front porch. Try it sometime; it’s lots of fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment