Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meal Catch Up

In the middle of last week, we had some mushrooms to eat so I made this quick sauté of mushrooms with a little olive oil and minced garlic tossed with penne rigate pasta with ground pepper, sea salt, & paprika.

P5140228

We served it with some steamed broccoli, but there wasn’t much left, unfortunately, as I would prefer it fill half the plate. Jim got to the Farmers’ Market for more greens on Saturday but this is all we had (sad face).

We also ate the rest of the soup from the other day, with hummus sandwiches.

P5160231

Yesterday, I made a spinach, olive, & chickpea salad along with the leftover mushroom pasta but, this time, we added sautéed zucchini and more mushrooms to bulk it up. Heavenly!

P5160239

P5160244

Jim also made some of his delicious scones but, again, he changed it up by adding dried apricots, using 1/2 C chopped pecans, 1/4 C unrefined coconut oil (instead of 1 stick of soy margarine), & 2/3 C rice milk (instead of soy milk). They were so good with my tea for dessert!

P5160250

And, before I drive you crazy with even more pictures, let me tell you about the delicious Sunday breakfast I had instead of my usual pancakes. I took Food For Life whole wheat whole grain & seed English muffins (you know, the company that puts Bible verses on the packaging!), and spread one side of each muffin with the tiniest bit of Earth Balance Buttery Spread, then layered a slice of sautéed tofu (sprinkled with all-purpose spice), a soy sausage patty, then another slice of tofu. Voila! Vegan breakfast sandwich. When the firm tofu cooks up, it has the appearance and texture of egg white. Amazing!

P5160252

See you in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment