Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Food and Fun

Music: birds singing outside my window (with a little bit of Woodward Avenue drone).

On Thursday night, Jim and I quickly put together a simple stir-fry with mushrooms, zucchini, onions, carrots, bean sprouts, and pea pods along with a jasmine/basmati rice mix. Jim made his usual stir-fry recipe.




And, last night our good friend ME came to Royal Oak and we ate at my favorite restaurant (for the second time in a week!), The Inn Season Cafe. I wasn't very hungry for some reason, though, so I just had some herbal tea, a cup of Budapest Mushroom soup, and a plate of beautiful steamed vegetables which included kale, broccoli, and cauliflower. I only put a little bit of sea salt and ground pepper on them. It was very simple yet very delicious and hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment