Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday Stay-Cation

Music: Iron & Wine

Every year, for the past 20 years, I take the week off of my birthday, which was yesterday. I don't go on a trip out of town but, rather, am a visitor in my hometown or I take little side trips for the day.

Yesterday we hiked trails at Holly Recreation Area and today we explored Seven Lakes Recreation Area, both near Holly Township. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous for hiking (and for being on stay-cation in general!) with lots of sunshine and a nice breeze.


We usually stay long enough to be hungry, so today we got takeout from my favorite restaurant, The Inn Season in downtown Royal Oak. I got the Inn Season Salad and it is not only delicious and so fresh, it also looks very pretty!

The list of what's in here is awesome: chickpeas, cucumbers, walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, a mix of lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, sunflower sprouts, & onions. I got two kinds of dressing, tahini and honey mustard.





No comments:

Post a Comment