Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vegan Convenience

Technorati Tags:

Some days, when I have a few leftovers but not enough for a full meal, or when I’m too tired to cook, I do turn to some processed foods to supplement my meals. My favorites are Boca vegan “burgers”, Boca Chik Patties, Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo, and Gimme Lean Meatless “Sausage.” I cook them up in a variety of ways, cutting up the Chik Patties & stuffing them with salad into a pita bread, mixing the Soy Chorizo with roasted potatoes, or making breakfast sandwiches with the Gimme Lean “sausage” with vegan English muffins & firm tofu.

And, since becoming vegan, I rarely eat three meals a day. I always eat breakfast and lunch is my biggest meal of the day. Some days, I’m still so full from lunch that I’ll just have some fruit and toast with peanut butter later in the evening. Vegan food can be filling if prepared right.

No comments:

Post a Comment