Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Saturday, February 28, 2009

So What DO You Eat?

This afternoon for lunch we made a quick stir-fry with organic basmati rice (which can be found at Trader Joe’s). Since I don’t own a wok, I used a large wide pan with a lid. I added 1 tbsp toasted (dark) sesame oil, 3 large carrots chopped, 1 whole onion chopped in big chunks, & minced garlic & cooked over medium heat. When the onions were translucent, I added an entire bag of frozen broccoli and continued to cook until carrots & broccoli were done but still firm. Then J. made a simple sauce of 1/4 C Bragg’s (you can also use either soy or tamari sauces), 1 1/4 C water, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp agave nectar, 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp cider vinegar, 2 tbsp sherry, & 3 tbsp arrowroot powder (you can also use cornstarch), mixed together then poured over the vegetables. Cover with a lid & simmer until sauce thickens. Watch carefully because it will thicken fast once it gets going. When it’s thick enough, remove from heat & serve immediately over rice.

I also made some more biscotti since we’ve been out for 4 days. If I have time I plan to make some cocoa banana muffins to enjoy during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment