Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Saturday, January 17, 2009

So What DO You Eat?

Yesterday I made a white bean hummus, which is made with cannellini beans, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, tahini, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper to taste, & lemon juice. Mixed in the food processor it makes a wonderful sandwich spread or on crackers as an appetizer.

Tonight for dinner J. made a tomato vegetable soup with peas & lentils spiced with curry & turmeric. With homemade baking powder biscuits, it was just the thing on this cold and snowy night after my long day at the library!

I thought I might as well write a little list of some of the snacks I eat whenever I’m hungry between meals, usually only at the library. I rarely eat snacks if I’m home.

  • stovetop popcorn & sea salt
  • crackers/hummus
  • fresh fruit
  • dried fruit with nuts

Just a little bit tides me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment