Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So What DO You Eat?

Well. We can see that I already hate blogging which is why I create zines. Seriously, though, I keep wanting to simplify this process so….here I go again. Rather than list boring menu after menu, I’ll just simply write what dishes I have made when I make something new. Because I RARELY waste food, I eat all my leftovers within the week & just make new things to supplement them.

So, we’ve made in the last week:

* Thin spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce (my husband’s grandmother’s awesome Neapolitan recipe, very old very good!), peas
* “Spicoli” burgers: patties made with brown rice, sautéed onions, garlic, tamari, ketchup, Dijon mustard, sage, thyme, oregano, hemp seed nuts, processed in food processor, then fried until golden brown. Served in pita bread with raw onions, cucumber, & Veganaise and a side of antipasto consisting of artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, & Spanish olives
* Spinach chickpea soup w/ toasted rye bread
* Boca “Chik” patties with lettuce, cucumbers, & onion
* Chickpea “smash”—prepared like canned tuna with chick peas, celery, onions, pickle in a food processor, then mixed with veganaise, dash of mustard, sea salt & pepper, spread on toasted bread, served with a pickle & chips
* Dessert these last few weeks has been chocolate cocoa-covered truffles made with soft tofu, semi-sweet vegan chocolate, & cocoa
* Fresh fruit: bananas, apples, pears, & Clementines

No comments:

Post a Comment