Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Thursday, January 22, 2009

So What DO You Eat?

For lunch today, along with a fried tofu sandwich (slices of firm tofu fried in dark sesame oil with Bragg’s, served with crisp lettuce, & Dijon mustard on toasted French bread), I made a delicious bean and rice salad. It’s a combination of cold leftover jasmine rice, chick peas, kidney beans, black beans, diced onion, Spanish olives, roasted red peppers, dash of Tabasco sauce, dried cilantro, pinch of cayenne pepper, the juice of one lemon, & tbsp. of red wine vinegar. A great side salad and also one I might consider for future potluck get-togethers.

I’m also planning to make some brownie cookies as soon as I get off this computer and after I practice my flute. Gotta have dessert in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment