Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Look How Good I Eat

For lunch on Friday before I went to the library, I made a sandwich on toasted French bread with the rest of the tempeh salad and some baby spinach. Oh, and one Clausen dill pickle!

P4160010

For dinner Friday night, we made some kidney beans with basmati rice. We prepared the beans the same way I prepare my black beans. That’s also the rest of the raw green pepper we didn’t use in the bean recipe as well as some French bread toasted & spread with some Earth Balance Buttery Spread.

P4170011

This is my usual breakfast muesli, served with dried apricots, flaxseed meal, a tsp of sugar, and sliced almonds. This keeps me going for almost four hours without being hungry.

P4170012

For lunch on Saturday, since we were on the east side, we ate at the Sprout House in Grosse Pointe Park. It was so nice we ate outside! Very exciting! I ate half of a tofu veggie sandwich filled with tomato pesto, herbed Vegenaise, sprouts, and lettuce and served on whole wheat bread. I saved the rest to eat at work tomorrow. I also had a side of some delicious roasted carrots with olive oil, fresh parsley, sea salt, & pepper.

And tonight we ate this wonderful meal. A vegetable stir-fry with carrots, celery, onions, baby spinach, and tofu with brown rice. That’s arugula from the Farmer’s Market with avocado on the side; I used a squeeze of a slice of fresh lime with sea salt & pepper as my dressing. This was outstanding! Look at those wonderful colors!

P4180017

No comments:

Post a Comment