Vegan, Jane Austen student, Minimalist, Reader, Librarian

Friday, March 13, 2009

Leftovers with a Twist

Today we had minestrone soup (that we froze from that huge monastery soup batch) & I reheated the herbed oven fries from the other night. But I cut mine up & made a sort of warmed potato salad with mixed baby greens & herbs, sliced onions, & avocado with lemon juice, sea salt & pepper. Delish!

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch with takeout from Steve’s Backroom in St. Clair Shores on Jefferson. I had the Five Bean salad with lettuce, onions, dried cranberries, walnuts, sunflower seeds, green peppers, rice, avocado, red beans, black beans, kidney beans, lentils, & white beans with pomegranate dressing & pita bread. Wow! We’re meeting another friend tonight on that side of town & will eat at Steve’s again since my husband wants to try it out. I’ll have to try something new, which I’ll tell you about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment